- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Make a Payment
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
Beach Surveys – Warnings, Closures, and Rain Advisories
Assembly Bill 1946 requires the State Water Resources Control Board to post monthly beach data from coastal counties throughout the state. The surveys list beach warnings, closures, and rain advisories resulting from bacterial contamination.
At the end of each month, surveys are updated to reflect the most current monthly health information, which is collected from county health officers.
At the end of June, the Board will compile all data into an annual report, which is available to the public on this Website.
Interested parties can email Michael.Gjerde@waterboards.ca.gov or phone 916-341-5283 if they have questions or need further information
- California Beach Water Quality Information Page
- Beach Advisories
- Beach Annual Reports
- Beach Website Links
- Clean Beaches Initiative Grant Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Text of Assembly Bill 411
- Text of Assembly Bill 538
- Text of Assembly Bill 1946